Main petroleum goals included in the Homeland Plan Act
• Increase crude oil production level to 6 million barrels per day (MMBD) by 2019, of which 4 MMBD will come from the Hugo Chávez Orinoco Oil Belt (FPO).
• Increase natural gas production to 10.4 billion cubic feet (BCF) by 2019.
• Increase national refining capacity to 1.8 MMBD by 2019
• Increase natural gas national liquid extraction capacity by 130 thousand barrels per day (MBD).
• Deepen the market diversification strategy with a 2019 crude export target of 1.3 MMBD for the Latin American and Caribbean area and 3.1 MMBD for Asia, especially China, India and Japan.
• Expand the coverage of the methane gas distribution network to reduce LPG consumption, provide a better quality of life and reduce environmental pollution by laying 8,625 km of pipelines and 16,818 km of internal lines to benefit 728,900 families.
• Build three thermoelectrical power plants with a total generation capacity of 2,100 MW.
• Develop the Offshore Gas Belt of Venezuela and reach a production capacity of 2 BCF by 2019.